The MidwestHR 2020 College Scholarship Award
MidwestHR, LLC and related companies are focused on giving back to our communities. As part of our 180 Initiative in 2018, MidwestHR, LLC will be awarding one college bound high school senior a $2,500 scholarship.
To be eligible for this award, students must be:
- the child of an active employee of a MidwestHR client company
- a high school senior accepted for attendance to a 2-year OR 4-year accredited college or university in the Fall of 2020
- will be hold full-time student status at the college or university in Fall of 2020
- an above average student with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
The Scholarship Committee is seeking well rounded students who have a focus on giving back and leadership, along with good academics. Students must demonstrate involvement in school, academic achievement, involvement in the community through service organizations and extra-curricular activities with a strong motivation for personal goals.
Applicants are asked to write a 300 word essay describing their high school leadership experiences and how those experiences will help the students attain their life goals.
Applicants are encouraged to provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, coach, employer, etc. (no relatives) with their application and essay.
All application materials must be submitted together and in their entirety by April 17, 2020 to be considered. Please read the Scholarship Guidelines at the bottom of this page.
Applications will be accepted via mail, email or fax at the addresses listed below.
The awardee will be notified by May 8, 2020 and the scholarship presentation will be held on or around June 1, 2020.
Scholarship Application: MidwestHR 2020 Scholarship Application
Submit applications BY APRIL 17, 2020:
The MidwestHR College Scholarship Award
1200 Internationale Parkway, Suite 200
Woodridge, IL 60517
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior, in good standing, accepted to an accredited college/university in the Fall semester of the scholarship year.
- The applicant must be a child of an active MidwestHR client company employee on the date of application and when the scholarship is awarded. If employment status is terminated on or before the scholarship is awarded, the scholarship will be forfeited.
- The winner, and their parent(s), will be requested to attend an award ceremony. The location of the ceremony will be at the MidwestHR corporate office (Woodridge, IL) or alternatively at the MidwestHR client company (if outside of the Chicagoland area).
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college/university on behalf of the student. If acceptance of admission is revoked, rescinded, terminated, delayed, or does not occur in the Fall of the scholarship year, for any reason, the scholarship will be revoked.