Most of the time, companies fully understand their capabilities. After all, it’s their reason for being! What’s harder to define are company limitations or weaknesses. With areas outside our expertise, we don’t even know what questions to ask. HR often falls into the weakness category. With so much on the line, don’t leave HR to chance. A professional employer organization (PEO) can protect your company, maximize your talent and free up your time.
Working with companies for over 20 years, we’ve encountered many different motivators or scenarios that led clients to seek our help. You’re not alone if you’re feeling overwhelmed juggling these types of situations:
- Offering more benefits and services to employees is the right thing to do, but you don’t have the time or experience to make it happen
- Experiencing an exciting growth stage and you can no longer handle HR responsibilities in house
- Preparing for a buyout or investors and you need to reduce liabilities and formalize HR processes
- Wanting to retain your company’s talent pool with a company culture and benefits package that entices them to stay long term
- Figuring out how HR needs to shift post COVID-19
- Balancing remote/on-site expectations and adjusting HR policies accordingly
- Employees who work remotely may live out of state and this could have tax implications
- Benefits like a gym membership or free parking don’t make sense in our new normal but there’s no time to temporarily shift benefits to match employees’ current needs
- Guidance on what you need to access federal funding as it becomes available
- Missing out on growth opportunities because of the time spent on employee administration
- Upcoming renewal for health insurance or workers comp. With increasing costs, you want to shop around to make sure your getting the best value for your money
- Losing money and sleep over a compliance oversight or an EEOC complaint makes you realize you need to proactively protect your company and employees
- Knowing HR isn’t your expertise and wanting to find a partner who will take care of your employees like their own
So often clients say they didn’t realize how much time they were spending on HR until they started working with us. Just because you can juggle it all, doesn’t mean you should. HR is such an integral part of every company, but it’s a cost center. The more time you spend figuring it out, the less time you can dedicate to growth initiatives. Ultimately the decision has to be right for your company, but bear in mind the time, money and stress that comes with HR.
MidwestHR is a leading CPEO in Illinois (certified professional employer organization). Clients count on our team of experts to manage all or part of their HR functions including payroll and tax administration, benefits management, workers’ compensation, risk management and more. If you’re considering a PEO, give us a call at 630-836-3000 to learn more. Whether you move forward or decide to wait, we’re happy to give you all the information you need to make an informed decision.